The President of ACURIL Mrs Françoise Beaulieu Thybulle invites proposals for paper presentations at the ACURIL XLII conference to be held at the KARIBE HOTEL & CONVENTION CENTER, Haïti 4-8 June 2012.
The theme of the conference
The theme of the Conference is:
365 DOORS OPENED ON THE TECHNOLOGICAL INFORMATION REVOLUTION. ECONOMIC, CULTURAL, SOCIAL AND POLITICAL IMPACTS
Much has been written and said about the new digital era and the consequences of the rapid developments in ICT for the information profession. However this conference will focus on the social, cultural and economic and political aspects of the Information society.
The purpose of the paper presentations
This Call for Paper Presentations is intended to encourage librarians, archivists, record managers, museum experts, and other information professionals to share ideas, developments, challenges and solutions to topics and issues in the information field. Papers can be practical or theoretical and should stimulate or propose viable action.
The sub-themes identified for discussion are as follows:
- ECONOMIC IMPACTS (new media, e-commerce, cost of upgrades)
- CULTURAL IMPACTS (cultural heritage, archives, digital libraries)
- SOCIAL IMPACTS (social networks, libraries, distance learning,professional standards and training)
- POLITICAL IMPACTS (e-governance, citizenship, citizen media, globalization)
Paper presentations must speak to one of the above mentioned sub-themes.
- Each presenter will be given 20 minutes maximum to present their paper. It is recommended that presenters highlight key points and not read their paper
- 10 minutes will be allowed for questions and answers
- All presenters must prepare a full paper for inclusion in the conference proceedings
- All papers will be included in the proceedings and must be received by April 13, 2012.
How to submit a paper presentation proposal
The deadline for paper presentations proposals is February 29, 2012. Papers can be presented in any of the three official languages of ACURIL- English, Spanish and French. Proposals may be submitted by e-mail or hard copy. Proposals must include:
- Title of paper
- Abstract (200-500 words)
- Name of the presenter (s)
- Position/title of presenter (s)
- Employer/Institutional affiliation (s)
- Mailing address
- Telephone/fax numbers
- E-mail address(es)
Notification of acceptance of a paper presentation will be made no later than March 16, 2012.
Please send all proposals to:
Mrs. Françoise Beaulieu Thybulle
E-mail : acuril2012Haiti@gmail.com