The President of ACURIL Mrs Françoise Beaulieu Thybulle invites proposals for workshop presentations at the ACURIL XLII conference, to be held at the KARIBE HOTEL & CONVENTION CENTER, Haiti May 4-8 June 2012.
The theme of the conference
The theme of the Conference is :
365 DOORS OPENED ON THE TECHNOLOGICAL INFORMATION REVOLUTION. ECONOMIC, CULTURAL, SOCIAL AND POLITICAL IMPACTS
Much has been written and said about the new digital era and the consequences of the rapid developments in ICT for the information profession. However this conference will focus on the social, cultural, economic and political aspects of the Information society.
The sub-themes identified for discussion are as follows:
- ECONOMIC IMPACTS (new media, e-commerce, cost of upgrades)CULTURAL IMPACTS (cultural heritage, archives, digital libraries)
- SOCIAL IMPACTS (social networks, libraries, distance learning, professional standards and training)
- POLITICAL IMPACTS (e-governance, citizenship, citizen media, globalization)
Workshop presentations must speak to one of the above mentioned sub-themes.
How to submit a workshop presentation proposal
The deadline for workshop proposals is February 29, 2012.
Proposals may be submitted by fax, e-mail or hard copy. Proposals must include:
- Workshop title
- Abstract (200-500 words)
- Name of presenter(s)
- Position/Title of the presenter(s)
- Employer/Institutional affiliation
- Mailing address (es)
- Telephone/fax numbers
- E-mail address(es)
Notification of acceptance of a workshop presentation will be made no later than February 29, 2012